Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Floor Scrubbing Joy

Friday was my day for floors: sweeping, shaking rugs, and power mopping the wood floors. Ellie was so excited to help me, because I told her that she could do the bathroom floor by herself. After we prepared all the floors, I set her up with a sponge and a spray bottle, then set to work mopping.

Now you should understand - me mopping while pregnant is not a pretty sight. I was sweating, red-faced, bent over with contractions (false ones - no excitement there), and grunting (in a lady-like manner, of course).

As I mopped my way closer to the bathroom where Ellie was happily filling and rinsing her sponge out in the sink, I could hear her. She too was grunting and making noises like she was working very hard!

I started to feel guilty, worrying about what I was teaching her about cleaning and working and all that, and then I heard her exclaim to herself, "This is so fun!"

It was a good reminder. And my floors look beautiful.

2 comments:

Jen D said...

What is it about mopping in the third trimester? I always got this insane urge to mop and scrub on my hands and knees, and honestly, even though it was the most miserable job, I was so happy and pleased with the final result that I would do it again in a week. Crazy. Now I have to FORCE myself to mop.

Katrina Custer said...

I thought Ellie would like to know that she featured prominently in my dream the other night. You and Isaac were off on a mini vacation, and I was babysitting Ellie for the night and decided to take her out for a mini vacation at a hotel, too, only it ended up being the same one you and Isaac were at, so that didn't work too well. But she was cute, and we had fun!