Sunday, February 19, 2012

More Funny Things Kids Say

Elizabeth recently tried to compliment her science teacher by telling him he reminded her of her grandpa. While I am glad she is encouraging her teacher, I had to explain that sometimes people don't want to be compared to a grandpa and that she should only do that to people who have white hair or that she knows is already a grandparent.

She took the lesson that people don't always want to seem older to heart. A few days later, she complimented me: "Mommy, those jeans make you look young!"

Now I'm not sure if my usual jeans are mommy jeans, or if those jeans are glaringly young for my advancing age, or if she simply liked my jeans!

In Amelie news, we played a family game where we got to draw cards out of a bucket. I let Amelie go first. She chose a card, then ran over to her art table to "draw it."

Amelie calls cucumbers "coon-peppers" and kiwis "too-whees." I want to serve them for every meal just so I can her her say it.

And finally, in my Sunday School class this morning, I asked my kindergartners, "Who are some people who love you?" One little girl answered, "Everyone who knows me." Love the confidence!

1 comment:

Eric Indiana said...

Sometimes the funny things they say show great insight. Here are some of the things that I've heard kids say in my kindergarten through 2nd grade classrooms: http://daisybrain.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/funny-things-kids-have-said/