Monday, March 5, 2012

Amelie Joy and Not-So-Joy

We've had lots of good Amelie stories this week.

Setting: the neighborhood library
Amelie: "Is it okay to sing at the library?"
Me: "Very quietly, yes."
Amelie: "Very loud?"

I pointed out the school where I used to teach.
Amelie: "Was I a little baby?"
Me: "No, you weren't born yet."
Amelie: "Was I in your tummy?"
Me: "Nope, it was way before you were born."
Amelie: "Was God still building me?"

I read to Amelie while Isaac went in another room and read A Christmas Carol with Elizabeth. When Amelie and I finished our book, she said, "Now I want to go sing Christmas carols with Wizabeth and Daddy!" So we interrupted them and we all sang "Away in a Manger" - in March.

And finally, for those of you who didn't see it on Facebook, we have a not-so-good Amelie story as well. At naptime today, she got into the diaper cream and smeared it all over her face, lips, and hair, and got it on the carpet, blankets, and Elizabeth's bedspread and pillow pet. Desitin is so hard to get off! At least it doesn't stain, but we had to shampoo her hair about 5 times and even use Goo Gone to get it out.

Here is a picture of Her Naughty Highness.

1 comment:

Spring Lela Kane said...

Lol so cute! Your girls are growing so fast! They're beautiful!