Thursday, April 5, 2012

In Desperate Need of Adult Conversation

This morning, I ran to the Como Zoo with Amelie and Grant in the double stroller. It's a nice, short run - only about 3.5 miles roundtrip - and very hilly. For your reading pleasure, I have copied down an actual excerpt of my conversation during that run. If it's late at night, you may want to save it until morning; it's pretty scintillating.

Me: "Ooh, look at the fire truck... Yes, school bus... Mm-hmm, a black puppy... Honey, I have to slow down, it's a really big hill... I'll wipe your nose as soon as we get there... An excavator!... I don't know why... About one more mile... See the big truck?..."

Yep, that's my life. Add some panting, sweating, and a few runny noses, and you can feel like you're right there.

No wonder I've been going through the Bible and my to-read list so quickly. I am in desperate need of words with more than two syllables.

P.S. Don't take this post to mean that I don't enjoy kid conversation. In fact, the highlight of my morning was when I asked Grant what the tiger says. Without missing a beat, he said, "Hi!"

1 comment:

Bob Ryan said...

Have you considered a motorized stroller with helmet mics?