Monday, November 14, 2011

The Scent of Chocolate

Amelie caught me munching on some Reese's Pieces. In order to appease her and keep eating, I let her choose two while I ate the rest. When she left the room to go wake her prairie dog up from its nap, I dug into the peanut M&Ms. (I ran this morning. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.)

Amelie used her candy sensors and flew into my lap. "I mell chocolate."

Me, bending the truth slightly: "Yes. You smell the Reese's Pieces I shared with you. Remember?"

Amelie, looking at me with suspicion: "Then I mell your tummy!"

As I laughed, she carried on with her prattling life: "Mama, will you make me some lunch? Is it a dessert day? And I want to go to the zoo today. I called the zoo and they wanted us to come to the zoo because it's open. Can we go to the zoo today?"

I better save the rest of the M&Ms for naptime and get on with our day!

No comments: