Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Day in Our Life

Since I haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd give you a snapshot of today, a pretty typical day in our life.




Isaac had an early morning Bible Study and is now at work. He'll be there until late tonight. Work is going well for him, and he has been extremely busy lately. Luckily, he can survive on much less sleep than I can.


Elizabeth is at school. She will come home at 3:15 and do her homework, practice piano, and read. We're in the middle of her school's read-a-thon fundraiser (the only one we participate in!) and she loves it. For some reason, she's on a classics kick and has polished off A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, and Dr. Dolittle this week. She's currently reading Caddie Woodlawn. She enjoyed getting to ride her bike during the last couple days of crazy weather.



Amelie is on a dollhouse kick, which is nice because she usually isn't big on playing independently. I have her shut away in her bedroom with the dollhouse so that Grant (the little boy I watch) doesn't get it. When she comes out to go to the bathroom, she says, "I just have to go potty, dollhouse people. I'm coming right back!" I went in earlier and watched her rock the mother and baby in the rocking chair and sing "I love You, Lord Jesus." Moments like that help make up for the last 4 days of whining, crankiness, and refusal to nap!



Grant mostly walks around the house driving cars on every surface and chuckling. He is a jolly, funny, independent 15-month-old, except when he and Amelie want the same toy. I am lucky to have him!



And then me - do I have a typical day? I suppose so. I folded laundry and tidied the house this morning. I have bread rising to bake for lunch (but not the healthy kind - the yummy kind). I've read a couple board books, sung a few songs, and handed out toys as needed. After making and cleaning up lunch, I get to have my prayer and Bible study time while the little ones nap. Then my friend and her baby will come over, Elizabeth will have a piano lesson, we'll do homework and eat dinner, and after bedtime, I'll meet and pray with a young woman I'm discipling. Not a bad day!

No comments: